Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer Commission: Zoey's Room

 Over the summer, I got a commission to do a mural for my niece's nursery. My sister-in-law and her husband made a cornershelf into the wall and wanted a "happy love tree" to take up the corner of the room and branch out over the windows and the ceiling. A reading swing was to be hung from a branch painted on the ceiling over the east window.








I really enjoyed this project because I absolutely love drawing and painting trees and was told by the clients "just to have fun" which is pretty rare.

 






A heart was painted on the tree trunk for the parents to sign "Mommy and Daddy loves Zoey"




The mural was a success! The parents loved it!
I hope to gain many more mural commissions in the future, as I really enjoyed this project.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment